Terms of Service for ItaliaRail.com
- Acceptance of Terms of Service.
- By using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies, and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information, and other materials or services, registered or otherwise.
- ARBITRATION NOTICE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
- InterRail as an Agent; Products and Services Sold Through ItaliaRail.com.
- Cancellation or Change of Booking Through ItaliaRail.com
Independent from the rules established by the Principals as per Section 3 above for cancellation or change of booking, should you decide to cancel or modify a reservation through ItaliaRail.com Customer Service via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , you will be able to do it only up to 2 hours before departure of your train.
1. Special Cases
Due to technical and commercial specifications, cancellations and change of bookings through ItaliaRail.com Customer Services are subject to special rules in the following cases:
- Combo fares: Our systems allow customers, in case of multi-segment tickets, the special opportunity to pay for the lowest fare for each segment. However, while single segments can be changed according to the rules of the fare applied to the specific segment, changes of the whole trip will be ruled by the most restrictive rules among those applied to the segments.
- Changes of booking to trains with a different configuration: Due to technical reasons, we are not able to make changes from 4-class to 2-class high speed train, which can be done at Trenitalia’s ticket offices. It remains possible to cancel the ticket, according to the applicable fare rules, and book a different train.
- Thello tickets: Thello tickets cannot be changed. Cancellations, which Thello allows up to 24 hours before departure on its direct sales channels, are only possible up to 72 hours before departure on Italiarail.com.
2. Reservations for Rail Pass Holders
Rail pass holders can only reserve seats on italiarail.com. Failure to reserve a seat on a Trenitalia high speed train will result in a fine being applied on board. For more details, please consult http://www.railpass.com/terms-conditions.
3. Advance Purchase Fares for Certain Regional Trains
Italiarail.com allows its customers to provisionally advance purchase certain Trenitalia regional trains before releasing of the final schedule by Trenitalia, which typically occurs 120 days before the service. The ticket for the trip will be issued at the time the final schedule is published by Trenitalia. Should the final schedule differ by more than 15 minutes from the time expected when finalizing the provisional advance purchase, the purchase will be voided and the ticket will be refunded.
- Definition. For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
- User Content. All Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by users (collectively “User Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You acknowledge that all Content, including User Content, accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Services is or will continue to be accurate.
- Notices and Restrictions. The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners, or our users, and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
- Availability of Content. We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Services. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- Territorial Restrictions. The ItaliaRail.com website is controlled and operated by InterRail from its offices in the United States of America. InterRail makes no representation that material available on the ItaliaRail.com website are appropriate of available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access our website from other locations you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You agree to abide by applicable export control laws as well as all other applicable laws and regulations of the United States, and each of its states, localities and territories.
- Rules of Conduct.
- As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services.
- You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Content, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty (see our DMCA Copyright Policy in Section 7 below);
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful, or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or
- includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; or (vii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
- We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, and the public.
- DMCA Copyright Policy
InterRail has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through Company’s websites or services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Third Party Services.
- Payments and Billing.
- Billing. We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you at the time of purchase of the products and services sold through the Site. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for error by the Payment Processor. You agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer, or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand.
- Warranty Disclaimer.
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that We have no duty to take any action regarding:
- Which users gain access to the Services;
- What Content you access via the Services; or
- How you may interpret or use the Content.
- You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality of material or Content contained in or accessed through the Services.
- THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that We have no duty to take any action regarding:
- Limitation of Liability.
- ARBITRATION CLAUSE & CLASS ACTION WAIVER – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Arbitration. YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US (WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DISPUTE INVOLVES A THIRD PARTY) WITH REGARD TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DISPUTES RELATED TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND/OR RIGHTS OF PRIVACY AND/OR PUBLICITY, WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION UNDER THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION'S RULES FOR ARBITRATION OF CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES AND YOU AND WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU HAVE IN ANY MANNER VIOLATED OR THREATENED TO VIOLATE OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, WE MAY SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER APPROPRIATE RELIEF IN ANY STATE OR FEDERAL COURT IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK. DISCOVERY AND RIGHTS TO APPEAL IN ARBITRATION ARE GENERALLY MORE LIMITED THAN IN A LAWSUIT, AND OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU AND WE WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Intent to Arbitrate ("Notice"). The Notice to InterRail should be addressed to: 15 Hancock Avenue, Newton, MA 02459 ("Arbitration Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If we do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you may commence an arbitration proceeding. You may bring claims only on your own behalf. Neither you nor we will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any claims covered by this agreement to arbitrate. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS. You also agree not to participate in claims brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated claims involving another person's account, if we are a party to the proceeding. This dispute resolution provision will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and not by any state law concerning arbitration. In the event the American Arbitration Association is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within one hundred and sixty (160) days of filing the case, then either we or you can elect to have the arbitration administered instead by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. Any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will not have authority to award damages, remedies or awards that conflict with these Terms of Service. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of the Services or these Terms of Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned.
- Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
Moreover, some jurisdictions do not permit mandatory arbitration of consumer disputes or choice of governing law, so this clause may not apply to you if your case falls within one of these jurisdictions.
- Governing Law.
- Entire Agreement and Severability. These Terms of Service are the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Services, including use of the Site, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us with respect to the Services. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder
- Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
- Assignment. These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable, or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer, or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
- Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
- Notices. You agree that, unless otherwise specified in these Term of Service, all communications under these Terms of Service will be made through email. Electronic notices should be sent to email@example.com.
- No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms of Service. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
- Headings. The section and paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Services is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale, or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule, or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
We only act as booking agent selling products and services provided by third parties (Principals), Our website offers for sale and contains information and advertising about products, services, events and/or programs, and links to other web sites that are not controlled or maintained by use. Each purchase of a Principal’s product or service is subject to that Principal’s rules or restrictions for each such product or service. Please review these rules and restrictions when you enter into transactions on our website. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your purchases with any Principal abide by these rules and restrictions, including terms or conditions of purchase set forth in the fare rules or contract of carriage. For your convenience, Trenitalia’s current fare rules are reproduced at this link http://www.trenitalia.com/cms-file/html/frecciarossa_en/Info_Tariffe_en_LeFrecce.html
We expressly disclaim any responsibility for any losses, damages, inconveniences (including, without limitation, any and all delays, cancellations, and missed connections) or other concerns related to your purchase or attempt to purchase any tickets, other travel related products or services, or any other product or service that may be accessed, made available, or disclosed through the ItaliaRail.com website.
You agree that your access to and interaction with rail passes, tickets travel option and booking information available through the ItaliaRail.com website is at your own risk, and InterRail will have no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, errors, representations, warranties, breaches, or negligence of any Principal.
Please contact the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement for Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
681 Washington St., Suite 17
The Services may permit you to link to other websites, services, or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Services. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates, and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers, and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Content, or otherwise from your User Content, violation of these Terms of Service, or infringement by you, or any third party using your identity in the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, NOR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF the greater of (A) fees paid to us for the particular Services during the immediately previous three (3) month period or (B) $500.00.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, including its conflicts of law rules, and the United States of America.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or replace any of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. While we will timely provide notice of modifications, it is also your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following notification of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes, which will apply to your continued use of the Services going forward. Your use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service in effect at the time of such use.
Contact. You may contact us at the following address:
681 Washington St., Suite 17
Effective Date of Terms of Service: July 5th, 2018