Use of this website constitutes your agreement to all our terms and conditions. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, then you are not authorized to use this site.
The information contained within this web site is the property of ItaliaRail and the use of it is subject to the restrictions below.
The information given on this site is constantly updated and subject to change. ItaliaRail cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies, typographical errors or photographic errors on this site.
Information entered on this site by the user will not be used for any other purpose other than that which the user intended as laid out on the site.
ItaliaRail cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies of any kind, which may appear on any other site that is linked to this site.
ItaliaRail reserves the right to update and make any changes to this site at any time, without notice to the user.
TERMS OF BUSINESS
Only tickets purchased from ItaliaRail can be exchanged or refunded. If you wish to change the date or amend the booking in any way, a fee will be charged.
ItaliaRail acts only as booking agent and has no control over, nor responsibility for, the passes, carriers and other travel accommodations listed on this site. All bookings are accepted and all tickets, passes and vouchers are issued on the express condition that ItaliaRail is not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise) damage (including, but not limited to, loss of, or damage to passengers' clothes, baggage, property, whatsoever); death, injury, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, or arising from, or in connection with, any defect in any vehicle or other land or sea conveyance used, rented, or traveled in; or through the negligence, willful misconduct, strikes, or other acts, defaults, or omissions of any carrier, car rental or other provider of goods and services.
Every booking accepted is subject to the conditions, tariffs and regulations imposed by the rail, shipping, bus, car rental, car insurance, or other companies, firms, or persons concerned. Please note: All Italian tickets, both domestic and cross-border, must be validated at the machines on the platform before use; failure to do this will result in a fine.
Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents and visas.
If you cancel your tickets, you must return them to ItaliaRail before the first date of travel. We will then refund the cost of the tickets subject to the deduction of cancellation fees based upon the fare rules for the tickets. These will alter, depending on the relevant ticket conditions. In addition we have an overall administration charge on canceled tickets. In the event that tickets are not canceled prior to your train’s departure or as determined by the rules of the fare booked, no refund can be given.
It is not possible to change your ticket or your booking or receive a refund if decide not to travel. You may not travel on any train other than the one booked.
If you travel on a train other than the one booked, you will be deemed to be traveling without a valid ticket.
Please note that applications for exchange or refund of tickets should be made by first calling or emailing ItaliaRail.
ItaliaRail cannot accept responsibility for postal delays or damaged tickets once they have been officially dispatched.
For tickets or passes being sent by postal services, please allow at least three working days for delivery to US addresses and five to seven days for international deliveries. Ticket orders for travel within three days cannot be accepted through this site and have to be ordered by telephone. Please call for further information and help.
When your booking has been confirmed, your tickets will be either electronically emailed to you or dispatched direct to your door, to the address you have given by DHL, Federal Express or National Postal Service. Electronic orders will be processed immediately, while orders requiring shipment will be processed within one business day of receipt.
Every effort will be made to ensure that your order is delivered on time.
When you book your passes and tickets online you will be charged a service fee. All bookings made through our Call Center are subject to a processing fee.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Refund, Cancellation, Changes, and Exchanges
- Lost or stolen passes are not refundable, exchangeable, or replaceable.
- Any handling and/or issuing charges for passes are non-refundable.
- Unused Rail Passes are refundable within one (1) year from issue date or six (6) months from issue date where so stated, provided they have not been validated, have been canceled and so stamped at a retail station in Europe prior to the beginning of the validation period.
- All refunds on Rail Passes are subject to a 15% cancellation charge.
- Partially used or validated passes are 100% nonrefundable.
- All train tickets are non-refundable, if cancelled within 24 hours of the train’s departure or determined by the fare specific rules.
- Cancellation requests are subject to a 30% penalty when received 24 hours prior to the train’s departure.
- The cancellation breakdown is as follows: 20% penalty to Trenitalia; Thello charges a 10% penalty on Normal/ Adult fare; the Smart fare is non-refundable; the Go fare is 50% penalty, and cancellations must be made at least 3 days prior.
- Changes to your Ticket Reservation (PNR) can sometimes result in a fare increase—you will be charged the difference, in addition to any applicable Change Fees. NOTE: There is no refund if the new fare is less expensive.
- No Ticket Reservation (PNR) changes are allowed within 24 hours prior to your train’s scheduled Departure time.
- Your Ticket Reservation (PNR) is only valid for the Departure and Arrival stations on the ticket. No station changes or substitutions are allowed.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Website for information purposes only
This website is intended for general information purposes only. The information should not be used as a substitute for any form of advice on rail passes and tickets or other activities of ItaliaRail. All information on this website is free of obligations and is subject to change. The information (including prices) mentioned on this website does not constitute a legally binding purchase offer.
Accuracy of information
ItaliaRail has composed this website with utmost care. However, no warranty or representation, express or implied, is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. In no event will ItaliaRail, nor any of its members, directors, employees or advisors accept any responsibility or liability for any (consequences of) mistakes, in-accurateness or incompleteness of the (information on) this website. In particular, ItaliaRail will not be liable for any mistakes or incorrectness as to prices and conditions with respect to the use and/or validity of rail passes, tickets or other ItaliaRail services.
This website may contain hyperlinks to other websites or may make reference to other websites. The (accuracy of) the information on these websites has not been investigated nor analyzed by ItaliaRail. ItaliaRail is not responsible for and will not be liable for the content of these websites.
(Intellectual) Property rights
ItaliaRail reserves all copyright, trademark, patent, intellectual and other property rights in the information on this website, and no express or implied license is granted in respect thereof. Any unauthorized use or reproduction of the information or proprietary rights contained in this website is strictly prohibited.This site is owned and operated by International Rail LLC.
ARBITRATION CLAUSE & CLASS ACTION WAIVER – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US (WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DISPUTE INVOLVES A THIRD PARTY) WITH REGARD TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DISPUTES RELATED TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND/OR RIGHTS OF PRIVACY AND/OR PUBLICITY, WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION UNDER THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION'S RULES FOR ARBITRATION OF CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES AND YOU AND WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU HAVE IN ANY MANNER VIOLATED OR THREATENED TO VIOLATE OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, WE MAY SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER APPROPRIATE RELIEF IN ANY STATE OR FEDERAL COURT IN THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS. DISCOVERY AND RIGHTS TO APPEAL IN ARBITRATION ARE GENERALLY MORE LIMITED THAN IN A LAWSUIT, AND OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU AND WE WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Intent to Arbitrate ("Notice"). The Notice to ItaliaRail should be addressed to: 15 Hancock Avenue, Newton, MA 02459 ("Arbitration Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If we do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you may commence an arbitration proceeding. You may bring claims only on your own behalf. Neither you nor we will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any claims covered by this agreement to arbitrate. YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS. You also agree not to participate in claims brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated claims involving another person's account, if we are a party to the proceeding. This dispute resolution provision will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and not by any state law concerning arbitration. In the event the American Arbitration Association is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within one hundred and sixty (160) days of filing the case, then either we or you can elect to have the arbitration administered instead by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. Any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator will not have authority to award damages, remedies or awards that conflict with these Terms of Service. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of the Services or these Terms of Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned.
- Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
Moreover, some jurisdictions do not permit mandatory arbitration of consumer disputes or choice of governing law, so this clause may not apply to you if your case falls within one of these jurisdictions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions please contact us at email@example.com.