Taking the train is the best way to get to know Italy: the Trenitalia network covers 16,000 km (10,000 miles) with 1,000 km of highspeed tracks running daily, connecting big cities and small towns inside Italy and with all other European countries. Whatever your destination is, the train will take you there quickly and comfortably.
The Eurail Italy Pass offers you:
- Unlimited rail travel in Italy for 3, 4, 5 or 8 days, within a 1-month period
- Discounted fares for passengers under 26 years of age (see Youth), when traveling in 2nd class
- Saver pass is available for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people traveling together
- Special passholder fares for reservation on High Speed trains
- Bonuses may include free or reduced transportation on some private railroads, national or international ferry crossings and buses, as well as discounts on hotel, automobile rentals, museums, and other attractions.
** Eurail Italy Pass is valid only on trains in the Trenitalia network.