Explore the riches of Greece and Italy, through Athens on to Olympia, then over to Rome, Naples and Milan, a visit consisting of these southern European countries that are breathtakingly surrounded by Mediterranean seas.For a limited time ONLY – Get an extra travel day for free on Eurail passes.
In as much as Greece is most famous for its archaeological finds and significance in antiquity, many visitors are astounded to learn this scenic, sun-drenched country also includes about 1,400 islands and more than 7,500 caves, many of which contain subterranean rivers, lakes, and waterfalls. Complementing this varied geographic wonder are the mountain ranges such as the Pindus and, of course, the waters of the Mediterranean, the Aegean, and the Saronic Gulf linking Attica (Athens areas and its port Piraeus) to the Peloponnese.
- Unlimited rail travel in Greece & Italy
- 3, 4, 5 or 8 days within a 2-month period + extra travel day for free!
- Saver pass available for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people traveling together
- Discounted fares for passengers under 26 years of age (see Youth), when traveling in 2nd class
- This pass includes sea crossings of Superfast Ferries and Blue Star Ferries between Patras/Igoumenitsa and Ancona/Bari to get from Greece to Italy and vice-versa.
- Bonuses include free or reduced transportation on private railroads, national or international ferry crossings and buses, as well as discounts on hotel, automobile rentals, museums & other attractions.
(12 - 25)
(4 - 11)
(2 - 5 ppl)
|5 days in 2 months||1st|
|6 days in 2 months||1st|
|7 days in 2 months||1st|
|9 days in 2 months||1st|
|11 days in 2 months||1st|
- A Eurail and Interrail Pass is strictly personal.
Your Eurail and Interrail Pass is strictly personal, non-transferable and valid only upon presentation of your passport or other travel documents. If you cannot present your passport or other travel documents with your Pass, the control staff are authorized to demand payment of a full fare ticket and a fine, subject to the rules of the railway company you are traveling with.
- Your Railway Pass must be activated.
Before your journey begins, your Eurail and Interrail Pass must be activated. This must be done within 6 months of the issuing date. Please note, only an authorized travel agent or a European railway official can activate your Eurail and Interrail Pass. If you travel using a ticket without a cover, an issuing stamp or a date stamp, you risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
- An Interrail Pass. Start date required
Interrail Pass require you to enter your Start Date, the first day you will travel and use your pass.
- Flexi Pass. Filling in the Travel Calendar.
If you have a Flexi Pass, you can choose the days on which you travel within a longer period of overall validity. It is important that you enter the chosen date in the travel calendar on your ticket before boarding the first train, bus or ship of that day. Enter the date, using blue or black ink, in the corresponding box on the travel calendar. If your dates have not been entered, you will be charged with a fine and must pay for a full fare ticket.
- Flexi Pass. Overnight journeys.
If you begin your trip on a direct overnight train departing after 19.00h (7pm) and arriving after 4.00h (4am), only enter the date of arrival in the travel calendar on your ticket. Travel between 19.00h and 24.00h on the day of departure is then covered. Please ensure that the day of departure and the day of arrival are both within in the passes period of overall validity. When using an overnight ferry covered by the Pass, you may either enter the date of departure or the date of arrival.
- Travel Report. Recording each journey.
Your Eurail and Interrail Pass consists of a ticket and a cover. Each time before boarding a train, bus or boat, it is important that you record your trip in the Travel Report on the Pass cover (in blue or black ink). If you travel without having entered the trip in the Travel Report, you risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
- Using the Pass. Penalties and Fines
Use of a Eurail and Interrail Pass on which the indications have been changed, which is forged, or used by anyone other than by the person to whom it was issued, or beyond its validity period, authorizes control staff to confiscate the Pass and to demand payment of the full fare, plus a maximum fine of (100 (or the equivalent in local currency). Did you enter a wrong date in the travel calendar? Do not correct it. Instead, enter the correct date in the next travel day box.
If you travel with an inactivated Pass, with a Pass missing travel dates, or with a Pass on which your trip has not been entered in the Travel Report, control staff is authorized to charge a fine of ( 50 maximum (or the equivalent in local currency) and ask for payment of a full fare ticket.
- Validity period of your Pass.
Your Eurail and Interrail Pass is valid within the overall time period indicated on the Pass. You can begin your first journey after 00.00 hours on the first day printed on your Pass, and you must finish your last trip by midnight (24.00 hours) on the last day of validity.
- The countries and companies where your Pass is valid
Your Eurail and Interrail Pass is valid and can be used with the participating railway companies and countries listed on the Pass. Eurail Global Passes are valid in 23 countries -all the countries listed on your Pass Cover, except Bulgaria, Montenegro, Poland, and Serbia. For Eurail Select, Regional and One Country Passes, your Pass is valid for the country or countries which are printed on the ticket itself. Interrail Global Passes are valid in 30 participating countries and are not valid in your country of residence.
- 1st and 2nd class
Your Eurail and Interrail Pass is valid in the class indicated on the Pass. 1st class passes can also be valid in 2nd class cars. For 1st class travel with a 2nd class pass, you need to pay the full difference between 1st and 2nd class fare on the respective route. There is no refund for 1st class pass holders traveling in 2nd class.
The Eurail Pass can only be used by residents outside of Europe, the Russian Federation and Turkey.
The Interrail Pass can only be used by residents within Europe but are not valid in your country of residence. However you may be entitled to up to 50% of train fare in your own country when on an Interrail Global Pass.
- Eurail and Interrail Pass categories
There are different categories of Eurail Passes to be used by travelers of different ages:
- A Child Pass can only be used by travelers who are younger than 12 years of age on the first day of validity of their Pass. In some countries different ages may apply for children traveling on a One Country Pass.
- A Youth Pass can only be used by travelers who are younger than 26 years of age on the first day of validity of their Pass.
- A Senior Pass can only be used by travelers who are 60 years of age above on the first day of validity of their Pass.
- A Saver Pass is valid only for Eurail Passes and for all persons listed on the control voucher. Persons on the control voucher who decide to travel on their own, separately from their group listed on the Saver Pass, will be required to purchase a full fare ticket.
- Seat availability
Your Pass does not guarantee a seat in a train or on a ship unless a reservation is secured in advance. Reservations are required for certain trains and ships, and surcharges may apply. Fees for seat reservations, sleeping accommodation, port taxes, meals and other additional services on board of trains and ships are not included within the Pass and must be paid separately.
- Lost or stolen passes
Unfortunately, a duplicate Pass cannot be issued in the case of lost or stolen passes.
- Refund policy
You can submit an application for refund up to a year after the date of issue. If your Pass is returned to the place of purchase either before the first day of validity, or certified as "UNUSED" by a railway official in Europe before the first day of validity, you will be refunded for the cost of the Pass minus a 15% cancellation fee. In all other cases (lost, stolen or partially used Passes), Passes are considered USED once activated: you are not eligible for a refund or replacement.
- Compensation policy
You can request compensation to the Eurail Group in the event that you encounter three or more train delays, each longer than over 60 minutes. For further information, please see www.eurailgroup.com/compensation.aspx.
- Responsibility in the event of damages or extra cost
Eurail Group and its participating railway companies cannot be held responsible for damages or extra cost incurred due to theft or loss of baggage.
- Liability of the issuing office
The issuing office acts only as the intermediary of the carriers in Europe, and assumes no liability resulting from the transport contract.
- Legal provisions
For a Eurail and Interrail Pass valid in more than one country, transportation is subject to the "Uniform Rules concerning the contract for International Carriage of Passengers and Luggage by Rail" (CIV). For Eurail and Interrail Passes valid in one country only, the legal provisions of that country apply. For journeys by sea, the legal provisions of the individual sea carrier apply.
Rules [ show ]
- Your pass must be validated within six months of issue, prior to your first train trip.
- Passes cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Pass Security is recommended.
- Eurail Passes are available to permanent residents of any country except those of Europe, the Russian Federation and Turkey.
- Certain trains may travel through a country not covered by the pass. In that case an additional ticket must be purchased.
- All persons listed on the Saver pass do not have to make all trips together. When some of the persons listed are making a trip they have to carry the ticket and the Control Voucher with them. Therefore the other members of the party cannot make another trip at the same time.
- If you make an overnight trip on a direct night train leaving after 7 PM, you will only need to fill in the date of the following day (as long as you did not travel on that day before 7 PM).
- In some countries (i.e. Spain, France, Italy), reservations may be mandatory on certain services. Even when not required, reservations are highly recommended on services during busy holiday periods (i.e. August). Additionally, some overnight services may require the purchase of a couchette or sleeper supplement in order to board the train.
- Passes are issued on identity and cannot to be used by any other person. Your name, country of residence and Passport number should be filled in on the Pass.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- This Eurail Regional Pass is not for sale in Europe.
- For domestic transportation: The Pass has to be valid for the country in question.
- For international transportation: For reduced travel the Pass must be valid in the country of departure or the country of arrival. For free travel, the Pass must be valid in the country of departure and the country of arrival.
- The pass is valid from midnight to midnight on a chosen day of travel.
- The use of a free bonus request the use of a travel day.
- The use of a reduction bonus does not require the use of a travel day.
- For a trip on an overnight ferry covered by the Pass, the traveler may enter either the day of the departure of the day of arrival.
- Certain trains may pass through a country not covered by the Pass. In that case an additional ticket has to be purchased.
- With a Eurail Pass the traveler does not have to pay the supplement to board the following quality trains: EC, IC, ICE, and TGV. However on some of these trains seat reservations are compulsory.
- The traveler must pay charges or supplements for special services on board of the trains or ferry crossings such as luggage check-in, meals. port taxes, for the use of basins, berths, reclining seats.
- If a traveler boards a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, traveler is required to use only one day of their pass.
- If the overnight trip requires a train change before midnight, traveler will use 2 travel days.
- There are free bonuses and reduction bonuses that entitle you to reductions. If you use a free bonus on a certain day, you will have to fill in a travel day on your Pass. This does not apply when you use a reduction bonus only. You can use the reduction bonus anytime within the validity period of your Pass.
- Travel within an associate Eurail Selectpass country is only covered when issued in conjunction with a Eurail Selectpass.
- Certain trains may transit through a country not covered by the pass. In that case an additional ticket must be purchased.
- If a reservation is required or a supplement needs to be paid, especially during night journeys, you should ask for a ‘Passholder’ fare.