Rail passes are excellent value if you want flexibility, if you plan to travel extensively throughout one or several countries, or if you plan to cover long distances during your travels. Passes provide access to most rail routes and allow you hassle-free travel since you won't have to wait in lines at the train station to get tickets. In some cases, you will still have to make reservations or pay supplements, but many routes allow for unlimited pass use without requiring any extra fees. You can explore all available options on our sister website, RailPass.com.
A Eurail pass is in cooperation with 28 European railways offering discounted rail travel in Europe to non-European residents. Eurail passes are an exceptional value that allows you to travel in one or many European countries. You can choose from a Eurail Global Pass covering all 28 countries, Select 4 countries that border each other, Regional passes a combination of 2 countries or 3 countries or a single country pass. Travel is in both 1st and 2nd Classes with discounts for Youth travelers, and small saver groups (2 to 5 passengers). Eurail passes are offered with varying days valid and flexibility—the choice is yours!
Unfortunately Eurail Passes are not valid for residents of Europe, the Russian Federation and Turkey. For residents of these countries see our InterRail passes.
Click here for countries of residence that are eligible for Eurail passes.
Eurail pass features include:
- Unlimited rail travel in one or more specific countries
- 3, 4, 5, 8 or 10 days within a 1 or 2-month period
- Children travel for FREE (ages 4-11)! (One free with each paying adult.)
- Saver pass available for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people traveling together
- Some trains in France and Italy require advance reservations
- Discounted fares for passengers under 26 years of age (see Youth), when traveling in 2nd class
- Bonuses include free or reduced transportation on private railroads, national or international ferry crossings and buses, as well as discounts on hotel, automobile rentals, museums & other attractions.
Here are some of our sister website, RailPass.com's most popular passes: