Rail passes are excellent value if you want flexibility, if you plan to travel extensively throughout one or several countries, or if you plan to cover long distances during your travels. Passes provide access to most rail routes and allow you hassle-free travel since you won't have to wait in lines at the train station to get tickets. In some cases, you will still have to make reservations or pay supplements, but many routes allow for unlimited pass use without requiring any extra fees. You can explore all available options on our sister website, RailPass.com.
A Eurail pass is in cooperation with 28 European railways offering discounted rail travel to non-European residents. Eurail passes are an exceptional value for passengers who which to travel in one or many European countries. There are a few pass options to choose from, like the Eurail Global Pass that covers all 28 countries, a pass that covers 4 bordering countries, or Regional passes that can cover either one, two, or three countries. Travel is in both 1st and 2nd classes, and discounts are available for youth travelers, and small saver groups of 2 to 5 passengers. Eurail passes are flexible, as you can choose how many travel days you will need your pass for.
Unfortunately Eurail Passes are not valid for residents of Europe, the Russian Federation and Turkey. For residents of these countries, see our InterRail passes.
Click here for countries of residence that are eligible for Eurail passes.
Eurail pass features include:
- Unlimited rail travel in one or more specific countries
- 3, 4, 5, 8 or 10 days within a 1 or 2-month period
- Children ages 4 to 11 travel for FREE! (One free with each paying adult.)
- Saver pass available for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people traveling together
- Some trains in France and Italy require advance reservations
- Discounted fares for passengers under 26 years of age (see Youth), when traveling in 2nd class
- Bonuses include free or reduced transportation on private railroads, national or international ferry crossings and buses, as well as discounts on hotel, automobile rentals, museums and other attractions.
Here are some of our sister website, RailPass.com's most popular passes: