The countries of Italy and Spain are connected by shipping line operated by Grimaldi Ferries, which is not included in the price of the pass, but offers Eurail Pass holders a 20% reduction on the standard passenger and cabin fares. Passage is from Civitavecchia in Italy to Barcelona in Spain.
For a limited time ONLY – Get an extra travel day for free on Eurail passes.
These countries boast impressive high speed lines, the Alaris, Altaria, Euromed and Ave in Spain and the Cisalpino and Eurostar Italia in Italy, which take you quickly from city to city in comfort and style. For example, you can travel from Milan to Florence in under 3 hours, or from Madrid to Barcelona in around 4 hours.
- Unlimited rail travel in Italy & Spain
- 3, 4, 5 or 8 days, within a 2-month period
- Saver pass available for smaller groups of 2 to 5 people traveling together
- Discounted fares for passengers under 26 years of age (see Youth), when traveling in 2nd class
- Bonuses include free or reduced transportation on private railroads, national or international ferry crossings and buses, as well as discounts on hotel, automobile rentals, museums and other attractions.