Whether you want to explore sacred sights, are on a pilgrimage, or are looking for trip ideas for your church, we offer special discounts of 10-30% off group travel in Italy.
When you book your church group travel with ItaliaRail, you’ll get far more than just easy train travel to sacred Catholic sites around Rome, the Vatican City, Assisi, and Florence. You’ll also get access to special amenities and discounts so your church group’s pilgrimage can be both deeply meaningful and a considerable value.
Help us serve you better:
Please complete our Group Travel Form.
Cathedrals, Relics, and the Papal Audience
Church groups often take in sites not only in Rome, the home of the Catholic church, but in nearby Florence and Assisi as well. In Florence, many pilgrims visit the Battistero di San Giovanni, or Florence Baptistery, home to Lorenzo Ghiberti's famous bronze doors (known as the "Gates of Paradise" depicting the life of St. John the Baptist. Further south, Assisi is home to the 13th-century Basilica of St. Francis, whose elaborate Giotto frescoes sit atop a crypt housing the saint’s simple stone tomb.
Church groups can partake in privately guided tours of several sacred sites in Rome (including the cathedrals of St. John Lateran, St. Mary Maggiore, and St. Paul Outside the Walls.For many religious travelers, a pilgrimage to St. Peter’s Basilica, in the Vatican City, is essential. A guided tour of the massive, domed, statuary-lined cathedral—which marks the spot where St. Peter was buried—allows church groups to see its interior chapels, frescoes, and elaborate papal altar. On Wednesdays, they can also see Pope Francis himself, when he conducts his weekly Papal Audience for assembled worshippers from all over the world.
V.I.P. Service, Special Savings
Among the exclusive amenities and discounts your church group will enjoy are:
- 30% off rail travel in Italy for your group and advance seat reservations with a small deposit
- Savings of 10-30% on group tours, entry tickets, hotels, car transfers and rentals, data plans, luggage handling, and more
- A dedicated group travel desk to handle your bookings and special requests, including private tours of the Sistine Chapel, and participation in the weekly Papal Audience
- The option of booking private, expertly guided tours tailored to your group led by local scholars of religion and history
- The flexibility to make changes to your bookings post-purchase
RELIGIOUS GROUP TRAVEL FORM