- Our exclusive pass lets you join two different, equally fascinating guided tours — whenever you want without the need to book in advance, and on different days if you like. This is unique to ItaliaRail — you won’t find this kind of flexibility with other combo passes!
- Plus, Skip-the-Line access means you’ll spend less time waiting and more time sightseeing! Experience the wonders of the Vatican City, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica, as well as a thrilling, in-depth exploration of the iconic Colosseum and other landmarks of ancient Rome.
- The Vatican Tour: Your expert guide will give you an overview of the history and art of the smallest state in the world as you stroll among the treasures of antiquity, feast your eyes on the world’s most famous frescoes — including Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling — and immerse yourself in the beauty of St. Peter’s Basilica, built on the very spot where St. Peter was buried.
- The Colosseum & Ancient Rome Tour: Discover the Colosseum — the extraordinary 50,000 seat amphitheater that was ancient Rome’s center of public entertainment, featuring bloody gladiatorial clashes, wild-animal fights, and mock-naval battles. Explore The Roman Forum, once the cultural, economic and political center of ancient Rome. And take in the sweeping views from Palatine Hill, the site where twins Romulus and Remus were said to begin building the first city of Rome.
No reservation is required to use your Show & Go PassTM. If you want to join a tour you can show up at the meeting point just 30 minutes before and go. You will be emailed a QR code. Just pull it up on your smartphone (or bring a printout) at your meeting point.
Tour duration (both tours combined): 5.5 hours
Departures: 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. July 1 to October 31, daily except Sundays
For the Vatican tour note that:
- The Basilica is closed on Wednesdays for the Papal Audience.
- Extra closures can occur with very short notice.
- Even with skip-the-line entrance, lines may occur anyway due to Security checks.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
Departures: 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. July 1 to October 31, daily
Meeting point Colosseum: Via di San Giovanni in Laterano 11
Please note the Vatican tour is not available on Sundays. Extra closures can occur in case of religious festivities or special religious functions, please check availability before.
The Basilica is closed on Wednesdays for the Papal Audience.
- Entry fees to all sites
- Special Skip-the-Line access at the Vatican Museums
- Prepaid Ticket Line access at the Colosseum
- Headsets for large-group tours, to ensure you always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport to and from the Vatican City and The Colosseum
2018 Vatican Blackout Dates:
The Vatican Museums are closed:
- on all Sundays
- March 19th and 30th
- April 2nd
- May 1st
- June 2nd, June 29th
- August 14th, 15th and 16th
- November 1st
- December 8th, 25th, and 26th
- January 1st, 6th
IMPORTANT: Extra closures can anyway occur without notice, so be sure to check in advance.
2018 Colosseum Blackout Dates:
There are no Colosseum tours:
- on the first Sunday of every month
- March 30
- May 1st, May 27th
- June 2nd, 3rd and June 29th
- July 12th
- August 14th, 15th, and 16th
- December 25th and 26th
- January 1st
Please be aware that all participants in a same booking must join the tour all together.
Show & Go Pass™ Money-Back Guarantee
As we care about your satisfaction, we offer you our Money-Back Guarantee: if, after taking one or both tours included in the Pass, you find that the product does not correspond to the description we provided you with at the time of purchase, you can activate the Guarantee.