Save Time & Money | Guided Tours | Express Entry | Flexible Times | Book Tours on Different Days | No Reservations Required | Hassle Free | Money-Back Guarantee
How it Works
Show & Go Pass™
|2.||GO to your Meeting Point (no reservations required)|
|3.||ENJOY your Tour!|
Daily on the hour
(closed first Sunday of every month)
Mon. through Sat. (closed Sun.)
Pass Details & Tour Itineraries
|Pricing per person||Adult||Youth|
|Regular||$123 USD||$86 USD|
|ItaliaPass Members||$111 USD||$78 USD|
About the Show & Go Pass™:
Our exclusive pass lets you join two different, equally fascinating guided tours—whenever you want without the need to book in advance, and on different days if you like. This special feature of the Pass is unique to ItaliaRail—you won't find this kind of flexibility with other combo passes!
Plus, special Skip-the-Line access means you’ll see all the wonders of the Vatican City, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica, without waiting to enter; you’ll also get a thrilling, in-depth exploration of the iconic Colosseum and other sites of ancient Rome. On each group tour, you’ll be accompanied by an English-speaking expert in Roman art and history.
What Customers Love About This Pass:
- Convenience and flexibility of two great must-see attractions on one pass
- Super-competitive price and excellent service
- No advanced reservations required, just Show & Go!
- Flexibility to book on separate days if you want
- 85% refundable if not used. (Expires 6 months from date of purchase.)
- Amazing guided tours that show you in the artistic wonders of the Vatican Museums—including sumptuous ancient tapestries, maps, and sculptures
- Gazing at Michelangelo’s masterworks: the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel, and his sublime Pietà
- Delving into the fascinating—and bloody—history of The Colosseum, the iconic amphitheater of ancient Rome
- Discovering the hub of the ancient city, the Roman Forum—once home to bustling markets, festivals, temples, and senatorial debates—and the surrounding palaces of Palatine Hill
How It Works (Expanded):
- No reservation is required to use your Show & Go Pass™. If you want to join a tour you can SHOW up at the Meeting Point just 30 minutes before, and GO!
- You will be emailed a special QR code. Just pull it up on your smartphone (or bring a printout) at your Meeting Points for check-in.
Here are the Departure Times and Meeting Points for our Colosseum and Vatican tours:
- Departs: Daily on the hour: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. (Note: The Colosseum is not open for tours the first Sunday of every month)
- Meeting Point: Gladiator Tours Colosseum Office, Via San Giovanni in Laterano, 14
- Departs:Monday through Saturday (not offered on Sunday): on the hour 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- Meeting Point: Gladiator Tours Vatican Office: Vicolo D'Orfeo, 13
IMPORTANT: Please arrive at the Meeting Point 30 minutes prior to your selected departure time for check-in.
Vatican City Tour Itinerary (Large-Group Guided Tour, 3 hours):
Stop 1: The Vatican Museums
After meeting your group near the entrance to the Vatican Museums—and skipping right past the long entry lines—you’ll walk through cavernous galleries filled with ancient sculptures, tapestries, maps, and Etruscan antiquities.
Stop 2: The Sistine Chapel
The most famous frescoes in the world will greet you when you enter the jewel box of the Sistine Chapel. Here, you’ll be surrounded by the stunning Michelangelo masterpieces that have adorned a million picture postcards—including the nine central panels of the chapel ceiling, each depicting a tale from Genesis (the most famous being The Creation of Adam).
Stop 3: St. Peter’s Basilica (Self-Guided)
This grand cathedral—one of the world’s largest churches, and one of its most sacred Catholic sites—sits atop the very spot where St. Peter was buried. On this self-guided part of the tour, you’ll see the church’s chapels and elaborately painted, multi-domed ceiling; also, Michelangelo’s remarkable Pietà—a sculptural depiction of the Virgin Mary cradling her dying son. IMPORTANT: The Basilica is closed on Wednesdays for the Papal Audience.
Colosseum & Ancient Rome Tour Itinerary (Semi-Private Guided Tour, 2.5 hours):
Stop 1: The Colosseum
On this smaller-group tour, you’ll meet your guide near the entrance to The Colosseum—the extraordinary amphitheater was ancient Rome’s center of public entertainment. Before you enter, your guide will give you a thorough history lesson about the site, including the gladiatorial clashes, wild-animal fights, and mock-naval battles that were once staged here. Once you’re inside, you’ll wander remnants of the seating arcades that once fit 50,000 spectators.
Stop 2: The Roman Forum
Next, you’ll explore the onetime cultural, economic, and political center of ancient Rome, the Roman Forum. You’ll walk along the Via Sacra, tracing the paths of ancient military processions and political rallies. You’ll also see important sites like the Temple of Julius Caesar (where the emperor’s body was ceremonially burned), and the Curia Julia—the still-intact Senate House where Cicero and Mark Antony once orated.
Stop 3: Palatine Hill
According to legend, the twins Romulus and Remus first decided to begin building the city of Rome atop this impressive hill. You’ll understand why as you walk here among its ruined emperors’ palaces and still-blooming botanical gardens.
- Entry fees to all sites
- Special Skip-the-Line access at the Vatican Museums
- Prepaid Ticket Line access at the Colosseum
- Headsets for large-group tours, to ensure you always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport to and from the Vatican City and The Colosseum
Important for Both Tours:
- Tours depart every hour daily at the Colosseum except for the first Sunday of every month: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m; at Vatican (Monday through Saturday, not offered on Sunday): on the hour 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- Once checked in for the desired tour time (at least 30 minutes in advance), please be sure to arrive at the departure point for each tour 15 minutes before the starting time. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours will not be refunded after check in.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on these tours.
- Please bring a small purse or camera bag only (no backpacks or large shoulder bags). Security checks at both tour sites restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside.
Important for Vatican City Tour:
- Photography is prohibited inside The Sistine Chapel.
- Please wear clothing that covers your knees and shoulders. Entry into St. Peter’s Basilica requires adherence to these dress codes. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Please Note: The Vatican Museums are closed on Sunday. St. Peter's Basilica is closed on Wednesdays for the Papal Audience.
- Due to mandatory security checks, express entry to The Colosseum cannot be guaranteed. Time in line will be spent learning about the history of the site.
- Please wear good walking shoes, a hat, and bring sunscreen, and bottled water.
Reservations: If you’d like to reserve in advance, you can call anytime Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ( +39 0662275414) or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
If You Miss Your Desired Departure Time: We will check you in for the next available tour at the Meeting Point.
If You’ve Checked In But Miss Your Guide: Return to the Meeting Point to be re-accommodated for the next available tour.
2017 Blackout Dates:
- The Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays.
- There are no Colosseum tours on the first Sunday of every month.
- July 12th (Colosseum only)
- August 15th and 16th
- November 1st
- December 8th, 25th, and 26th
Terms & Conditions:
Expiration Date: 6 months from date of purchase.
Is This Refundable? Yes. Your Show & Go Pass™ is 85% refundable within the six-month validity window. However, if you have checked-in and departed on one tour, you are ineligible for a refund.
Show & Go Pass™ Money-Back Guarantee:
As we care about your satisfaction, we offer you our Money-Back Guarantee: if, after taking one or both tours included in the Pass, you find that the product does not correspond to the description we provided you with at the time of purchase, you can activate the Guarantee by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, your Show & Go Pass™ order reference number and the specific reasons why the service did not correspond to our promise.
Your claim will be processed within 10 business days from receiving all information and documents. We will verify your claim and, if confirmed, refund your order to the same credit card used to purchase the Show & Go Pass™.
Please note that the Money-Back Guarantee is only valid if you purchased your Show & Go Pass™ on www.italiarail.com or www.italiapass.com. Refunds cannot be offered for a Show & Go Pass™ purchased anywhere else.
In no case we will refund more than the full price paid for the Show & Go Pass™