Why buy a rail pass?
Rail Passes are an excellent value if you want flexibility, if you plan to travel extensively throughout one or several countries, or if you plan to cover long distances during your travels. Passes provide access to most rail routes and allow hassle-free travel since you won't have to wait in lines at the train station to get tickets. In some cases, you will still have to make reservations or pay supplements, but many routes allot for unlimited pass use without requiring any extra fees. You can explore all available options on our sister website, RailPass.com.
Explore Europe with a Eurail pass
The Eurail Global Pass is the result of special cooperation between 28 European railways in order to offer discounted rail travel to non-European residents. Eurail Global Passes are exceptional value for passengers who wish to travel in one or several European countries.
There are multiple pass options to choose from - for example: a Eurail Global Pass that covers all 28 countries, a pass that covers four bordering countries, or regional passes that can cover one, two, or three countries.
Passholders can travel in both first and second classes. Eurail Global Passes are flexible — you can choose how many travel days you will need your pass for.
Unfortunately Eurail Global Passes are not valid for residents of Europe, the Russian Federation and Turkey. For residents of these countries, see our InterRail passes.
Eurail Italy Pass features include:
• Unlimited train travel throughout the country
(See below for all the great places you can visit with your pass!)
• Choose the flexible number of Rail travel days that best fits your schedule: options include 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 days in a one month period
• Children FREE! Up to 2 children ages 0-11 can travel free with each adult
• FREE Delivery in North America
• Promotions offering discounts or free days on Eurail passes are offered throughout the year
• FREE Travel Pack with each Eurail purchase. Includes Travel Wallet, Rail Map, Pass Guide and souvenir (with return of travel survey)
• Special travel discounts per country including ferry tickets, museums, buses, hotels and train lounges